EMPOWERING NGOs FOR EFFICIENT SOCIAL RIGHTS' ADVOCACY
- Interakcia Foundation is the project’s partner.
- Implementation period: August 2018 – October 2019.
- Partners: EAPN – Latvia Association, Union of Women of the Kaliningrad Region (Russia), Stowarzyszenie Vesuvio (Poland), Eesti People to People (Estonia), Lithuanian Multiple Sclerosis Union, Odense Aftenskole (Denmark), People to People (Norway).
- The project is implemented with the financial support of Nordic Council of Ministers.
IMPORTANCE OF THE PROJECT
The overall objective of the project is to improve understanding of the role of civil society, as well as empower the NGO network to contribute to social and health security applying the basic principles of the European Pillar of Social Rights.
Training seminar and open conference, as well as 7 practical workshops were conducted within the project. These activities are expected to improve the knowledge and skills of the target group (16 experts in the social sphere), strengthen the partners' capacity for cooperation and social rights’ advocacy in state institutions and municipalities. The dissemination of information within the Baltic Sea region about the role and opportunities of NGOs in advocacy in decision-making processes is ensured through brochures consisting of summarized NGO experts' conclusions.
- Workshops and seminars of NGO experts were conducted in Kalinigrad and Yantarny on 26-28 September, 2018.
- On 28 October, 2018 evaluation meeting was conducted in Riga
- On 7 December, 2018 meeting with Lithuanian MP, Government representatives and Lithuanian NGOs took place in Vilnius
- Workshops at the non-formal adult education center, gallery Galschiot, and in Odense Aftenskole were held in Odense, Denmark on 7-8 February, 2019.
- Seminars and workshops were conducted in Bergen, Norway on 5-8 May, 2019.
Information about the project: http://www.eapn.lv/baltic_project_2/