CROSS-BORDER WATER INSPECTORS
Cross-border Water Inspectors: Towards Joint Monitoring and Development of Water Resources of the Pripyat River Basin
Project aims to save small rivers of Pripyat river basin. 20 public ecological posts will appear in Pinsk (Belarus) and Lubeshiv (Ukraine) districts. Their participants will monitor the state of rivers in these regions.
- Project is funded by the European Union in the framework of Eastern Partnership Territorial Cooperation programme
- Overall budget of the project is 277 800 EUR, EU's contribution - 250 000 EUR (90% of total)
- Implementation period: December 2017 - January 2019
- Places of implementation: Pinsk district (Belarus), Lubeshiv district (Ukraine)
Why is it important?
Small rivers are important sources of drinking water. Agricultural development and ecosystems supporting is impossible without them. Small rivers of Pripyat river basin located in Pinsk and Lubeshiv districts are clogged. Condition of the Black sea in which Pripyat river flows into depends on purity of these small rivers.
What will be done?
- During 50 special lessons pupils from Pinsk and Lubeshiv districts will learn why it is important to monitor the status of small rivers.
- Manual on how to examine water in rivers will be created.
- 20 ecological posts will appear in both districts, 20 adults and 200 pupils will be among their participants
- These posts will сonduct 20 campaigns to research the condition of water in rivers and clean the shore.
- On special website you will find up-to-date information about the condition of small rivers. Participants of ecological posts will measure the level of water pollution through compact laboratories.
- Water pipe network will be constructed in village Zapolye in Pinsk district as well as recreation area will be created in the area of Korostynka river in the village of Derevok in Lubeshiv district
- Cross-border water festival will take place in Pinsk district in summer. Participants from cross-border summer camp will be volunteers at this festival.
- Experts will draw up Cross-border plan for management of small rivers and water resources of the Pripyat river basin.
Pinsk District Executive Committee
Department of Education, Youth and Sport of Lubeshiv District State Administration
Lubeshiv District Public and Ecological Organization “World Around Us”
Svetlana Poddubnaya, Project Manager, +375 29 383 59 83 (mob.), +375 17 280 13 30 (office); email@example.com
Diana Lyashkevich, Visibility and communication manager, +375 44 749 25 97 (mob.), +375 17 280 13 30 (office); firstname.lastname@example.org